We are producing a movie to document the enormity of Carol Leigh a.k.a. Scarlot Harlot’s contributions to the world. This labor of love will speak to Carol Leigh’s international legacy and speak to the diversity of her communities as an activist, artist, filmmaker, and educator.
The film will premiere internationally online and also at the Sex Work Arts Festival in San Francisco on May 20, 2023. You are also invited to host your own viewing gathering.
Hosting a viewing event for the memorial film can be a great way to bring people together to honor Carol Leigh’s legacy.
Host a viewing event for the Carol Leigh a.k.a. Scarlot Harlot memorial film:
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
1. Sign up for our email list. To stay up-to-date with the latest information about the memorial film and the live stream viewing event, sign up for the email list on our Get Updates page.
2. Select a date and time. The memorial film will premiere on May 20, 2023. You can host your own screening on that day and live stream the film as it is released, or you can choose a different date and time for your viewing event. Make sure to consider time zones and potential conflicts with holidays or other events.
3. Connect with our platform. The film will be live streamed on May 20, 2023 (time TBD) here on our memorial website, carolleighmemorial.com. The film will be live streamed from the Old Pros YouTube channel.
4. Promote the event. Spread the word about your live stream viewing event through social media, email, and word of mouth. Make sure to provide details about the date, time, and platform, as well as any other relevant information. We will update this guide soon with Canva templates to adapt to promote your event as needed. You can always check @oldprosonline on Instagram and Twitter for promotion ideas for your event as well.
5. Host the event. On the day of the event, visit carolleighmemorial.com where the film will be live streaming (time TBD).
6. Participate in a post-film discussion. After the film is over, consider hosting a post-film discussion or Q&A session to allow attendees to share their thoughts and feelings about Carol Leigh’s legacy.
7. Consider collecting donations. If you are collecting donations to honor Carol Leigh, make sure to provide attendees with information on how to donate and thank them for their contributions.